Here are the best tips that anyone could offer when hunting for those perfect bridesmaids dresses!
- The bride must have her dress: This is a vital rule in the wedding world! Once the bride knows what she is wearing on her big day, she can then focus on finding her bridesmaids dresses.
- Know the theme of the wedding: It’s good to know what type of wedding that the happy couple is going with. For example, if the bride has chosen a vintage chic wedding, it will be easier to narrow down the options to lace, tulle or soft pastels. Knowing the theme will also give the sales advisor an idea of what you’re looking for.
- Enforce a budget: It’s important to know what you are willing to pay for! Inform the sales advisor also. It will save the heartbreak of falling in love with a bridesmaid dress that would probably cost the same amount as a small horse.
- Avoid concentrating on colours: I always find that brides become consumed with colours and not the style of a bridesmaid dress. It is best to have your bridesmaids try on every dress because it will give you an idea of what types of dresses that are working and not working.
- Take pictures!: Take pictures of all of the options that are being tried on – provided the boutique/store allows it. While you’re relaxing over a coffee you can reflect over of all the options. Taking photos can reveal if the dresses picture well.
- Keep on schedule: It’s best to have all bridesmaids dresses signed, sealed, delivered and yours 3 months before the big day.
- Appointments! Appointments! Appointments!: Make appointments where you can otherwise you will have a day wasted of being told ‘‘sorry but we don’t take walk-ins’’ – Unless you’re Helen from the movie ‘Bridesmaids’.
- Wear smart lingerie: It’s a very good idea to have your bridesmaids trying on dresses in nude seamless undies and a strapless bra. It will give everyone a better idea of how the dresses will look on the big day – no one needs to see black granny pants coming through a blush dress. ‘
- Be open to multiway dresses: Many brides detest the idea of a multiway bridesmaid dress because ‘‘they have been done so much’’. However, they are a very good option if your bridesmaids vary drastically in sizes, as they fit everyone.
….And that is it. May the odds be forever in your favour!